London: 3-Hour Secret Indian Food Tour
- Enjoy a 3-hour guided tour of East London with 7 stops
- Learn about Indian cuisine from a passionate and experienced local guide
- Find out the history of Indian food in the UK and its contemporary culture
- Tour East London in a small group as you taste some of the delicious foods on offer
Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
Duration: 2.5 hours. Check availability to see starting times.
The instructor speaks English
This food tour is packed full of exciting Indian food from around the Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), all available on the streets of London. Your guide will navigate you through London’s famous Brick Lane with its buzzing bars, food scene, art and restaurants.
Sample numerous curries, including hot and sour combinations and traditional ones, all served with delicious fluffy naan bread. Drink cold Indian beers to accompany the curries (soft drink options or wine are also available). Stop in an authentic Indian savoury shop, to sample tasty pakoras and spongy dhokras.
See the truly diverse range of Indian sweets and candy available in a traditional Indian sweet shop and have the chance to sample sweet gulaab jamuns and creamy ras malai. Your guide will inform you about Indian food, its diversity and its presence in London and UK food culture.
Tour around an Indian supermarket with a chance to buy a range of Indian spices and other exotic items like crispy papers and fiery Indian snacks. See traditional paan being made, and enjoy a sample. Finally, stop at an authentic Punjabi restaurant, serving the real deal of Tandoori favourites such as sizzling chicken tikka and succulent lamb chops. Enjoy a secret final dish – you’ll only find out what it is on the day!
- A range of delicious curries: Pathia, Madras and vegetarian
- Tasty fluffy naan bread
- Refreshing Indian beer, a glass of wine or a soft drink
- Traditional Indian savouries such as pakoras and spongy dhokras
- Mouthwatering Indian sweets such as sweet gulaab jamuns and creamy ras malai
- Paan, a unique Indian refresher made of Betel leaf
- Authentic meat and veg
- Tandoori dishes
- Sizzling chicken tikka and succulent lamb chops
- A secret dish
Meeting Place: Whitechapel Art Gallery, 77-82 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 7QX The guide will be holding an orange umbrella.